Aftercare Social Worker
Per Diem Position
- Must have valid NYS Drivers License (travel is required)
- Live in the Rochester Area
- LMSW/LCSW preferred
- To provide individual, family, and group therapy and some case management services to assigned Aftercare clients and their families in accordance with the OCFS ADM.
- To correspond and collaborate with outside agencies to support the client’s Aftercare goals and to maintain connections with other providers.
- Provide individual, group, and family-focused treatment/therapy including outreach and advocacy face to face at least 2x monthly. One of these contacts must include the family.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients/families, placing agencies and outside service providers.
- Facilitate Aftercare Treatment Reviews no less than twice during the Aftercare time period with the assigned youth and family. One of these must be no less than 30 days of cessation of Aftercare services. Responsible for maintaining updated assessments and progress notes, and record updates in the NYS OCF CONNECTIONS electronic case management system and in the SAI Electronic Health Record (AWARDS).
- Create and maintain the Aftercare Treatment Plan.
- Work cooperatively with the client’s case manager, therapist, education, residential staff, and outside service providers (prior to discharge) to coordinate clinical services and resolve issues.
- Meet for monthly individual telehealth supervision with the Assistant Director of Residential Clinical Services & Aftercare.
- Serve as the ongoing liaison with community agencies and referral sources.
- Coordinate and complete necessary reports and correspondence.
- Facilitate case planning on each client/family.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive Aftercare program as per guidance provided by NYS OCFS and the Families First Prevention Act.
- Keep abreast of current trends in clinical treatment, trauma-informed care and evidence-based models through reading, in-service training, and conferences. Attend all mandatory in-service and outside workshops as required by the agency
- Adhere to NASW, NYS Justice Center, and SAI Codes of Conduct/Ethics.
- Perform/complete other duties as required/assigned.
If interested submit your resume through our online application process.