I. TITLE: Registered Nurse (R.N.) – Medical Services
II. SUPERVISOR: Chief Operating Officer/Corporate Compliance Officer
III. HOURS PER WEEK: 20-40 or as needed
IV. QUALIFICATIONS: Valid New York State license as a Registered Nurse;
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; Certified in CPR; and 3 or more years of prior nursing employment experience preferred.
- REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to walk long distances and climb stairs at various intervals throughout the day, carrying a tray; Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- FUNCTIONS: To provide a high standard of competent medical care for students and staff (as needed); To coordinate with other medical/clinical staff to ensure that the St. Anne Institute Medical Clinic’s daily operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide direct/comprehensive medical care of St. Anne Institute residents and general and/or emergency care to all students across all St. Anne Institute programs/services
- Provide nursing care according to physicians’ orders and in conformance with established standards of nursing
- Pour medications and make daily rounds to administer medications
- Administer first aid to all students and staff across agency programs, as necessary.
- Assist in the formulation of medical clinic procedures and protocols
- Educate staff and clients/students/residents about nursing procedures and health care issues
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer on clinical/medical/medication issues that may arise
- Provide accurate documentation on all medical matters, including accident reports, prescribed medications and nurse’s notes (paper and electronic)
- Assist in updating the CONNECTIONS and AWARDS (EHR) information database
Training and Supervision
- Attend regularly scheduled nurse meetings and other meetings/committees, as requested
- Complete 40 hours of continuing education annually through a combination of agency in-services and outside conferences.
- Assist with the completion of medical consultation forms and medical specialist appointments
- Input immunization information on new residents into NYSIIS and SAI health records
- Maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment in the Medical Clinic area
- Arrive at work 15 minutes prior to start of shift to review report on previous shift.
- Follow universal precautions
- Ensure appropriate use of equipment and supplies
- Abide by the provisions of the Nurse Practice Acts of New York State recognizing the legal implications of improper nursing care
- Abide by the provisions of the NYS Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs, and the SAI Codes of Conduct/Ethics
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Administrator and/or Chief Operating Officer
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: email@example.com
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.