TITLE: Counselor – CPST Services (Community-Based Clinical and Care Management Services)
LOCATION: Hudson Falls, New York
SUPERVISOR: Senior Clinical Supervisor/Senior Therapist – Community-Based Clinical and Care Management Services)
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree and certification in evidence-based practice, or Bachelor’s Degree and three years applicable experience in children’s mental health, addiction, and/or foster care/child welfare/juvenile justice or other related human services field.
FUNCTIONS: To provide weekly individual, family, or group counseling to identified clients/families. To provide a combination of the six components of CPST in accordance with the child’s individualized treatment plan.
- Educate the child and family (and collaterals) in the identification of strategies or treatment options that help to minimize the negative effects of mental health symptoms and environmental stressors
- Identify potential issues which interfere with the child’s daily living skills, academic and/or employment progress and personal recovery, family and/or interpersonal relationships, and community integration.
- Help the child/family develop daily living skills including financial management, housing options, education, and/or employment.
Strengths-Based Service Planning
- Identify strengths and needs, resources, and natural supports with the child/family (and collaterals as needed/applicable)
- Formulate goals to assist the child/family and that address functional deficits that impact daily living.
- Provide restorative and rehabilitative services/supports to minimize the negative effects of behavioral and mental health symptoms
- Help the child develop safety practices that will enable him/her to seek appropriate providers/community resources.
- Educate the child/family in basic safety practices recognizing when to contact a physician or seek information from an appropriate provider.
- Help the child/family understand the purpose and possible side effects of prescribed medication.
Intensive Interventions (Counseling)
- Provide individual, family, and relationship-based counseling, supportive counseling, and solution-focused interventions, to ameliorate emotional and behavioral health issues
- Help the child/family develop and implement social, interpersonal, self-care, daily living, and independent living skills
- Support functional gains and community integration skills
- Assist the child/family with developing and implementing social, interpersonal, self-care, daily living, and independent living skills to restore stability, support functional gains, and adapt to community living
Crisis Avoidance (Counseling)
- Assist the child to effectively respond to or avoid identified precursors or triggers that risk their ability to remain at home or in their school and community
- Assist the child and family (and collaterals, as applicable) in identifying a potential psychiatric or personal crisis
- Develop a crisis management plan with the child/family (and collaterals, as applicable) to restore stability and functioning
Intermediate-Term Crisis Management
- Stabilize the child in the home and natural community environment
- Assist with goal setting to focus on the issues identified from mobile crisis or emergency room intervention
- Collaborate with Care Coordinators, Case Planners, and the CFTSS intake team.
- Complete progress notes on assigned clients in the AWARDS Electronic Health Record
- Attend supervision with the assigned treatment team and assigned LCSW supervisor.
- Abide by the NYS Justice Center and SAI Codes of Conduct/Ethics.
- Perform additional tasks/duties as requested.
Fill out an application Online at Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, for disabled/protected veterans, females, minorities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.