HOURS PER WEEK: 35 minimum (varies according to meeting and event schedules)
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree (BS), three to five years’ experience in management, budgeting and accounting required; MS or MBA preferred.
FUNCTIONS: Assist the Chief Financial Officer with the oversight of the daily operations Business Office, Human Resources and IT teams. Work closely with Chief Executive Officer/President, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Team to provide support in the financial management of the agency.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer, the Deputy Chief Financial Officer will assist with the administration of all accounting and statistical functions including the keeping of general records and accounts, budgets, payrolls, cash receipts, disbursements, and preparation of all required internal and external reports.
- The Deputy Chief Financial Officer will collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Executive Officer/President, Chief Operating Office, the Chief Program Officer and Directors/Program Administrators to control the operation of their budgets as well as assist all with the preparation of their annual budgets.
- Collaborate with Directors/Program Administrators in all financial operations and personnel policies of their departments.
- Ensure that all financial, accounting, payroll, and statistical records and reports are current and accurate.
- Make sure that all necessary controls are maintained for expenditures, for the recording of all monies received, and disbursed.
- Evaluate existing billing and accounting procedures and practices.
- Ensure that Agency’s assets are adequately covered by appropriate insurance.
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer to provide on a monthly basis the Chief Executive Officer/President with financial reports reflecting planned versus actual expenditures for the Agency and individual programs or departments.
- The Deputy Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the annual submission of the fiscal financial reports to NYS Office of Children & family Services (SSOP Report), NYS Education Department (CFR Report) and NYS Department of Health (Medicaid)to become the foundation of the three (3) Residential Per Diem Rates.
- The Deputy Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the preparation, oversight and guidance of Business/Human Resources/IT staff with the preparation of all audit documentation, end of year journal entries and allocations.
- Collaborate and/or guide the Accounting Coordinator with development of all grant budgets to ensure accuracy.
- Secure bids from at least three vendors on all volume purchases.
- This position will act on behalf of the Chief Financial Officer in situations where the Chief Financial Officer is unavailable.
- This position will be the steppingstone to the Chief Financial Officer position should that position be vacated.
- Abide by the NYS Justice Center and the SAI Codes of Conduct/Ethics
- Complete other special assignments/duties as requested by the Chief Financial Officer.
- This position may work across all Business/Human Resources/IT Office functions to accommodate fluctuations in staffing.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.