Full Time 40 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: St. Anne Institute is a private, not for profit, secular residential & community-based preventive service agency committed to providing the highest level of care & rehabilitation services in the briefest time to children & families throughout NY.
Description of Duties: St. Anne Institute is currently seeking a full-time Aftercare Social Worker to provide individual, family, group therapy and some case management services to assigned aftercare clients and their families. This position will collaborate with outside agencies to support the client’s aftercare goals and to maintain connections with other providers.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients/families, placing agencies service providers.
- Coordinate the clinical residential and aftercare treatment plan and develop comprehensive clinical assessments on assigned individuals and families.
- Maintain a caseload of 4 to 5 residential youth to establish and maintain relationships with potential future clients.
- Meet at least once a week with treatment team members in rounds and/or unit meetings to coordinate treatment planning. Meet informally with team members on an as-needed basis.
- Meet for weekly individual supervision with the Aftercare Coordinator.
- Serve as the ongoing liaison with community agencies and referral sources.
- Plan and coordinate aftercare services and complete a discharge summaries.
- Coordinate and complete necessary reports and correspondence.
- Communicate with ABSS/QI staff, education and residential staff regarding visitation, court appearances, outside appointments.
- Manage and coordinate critical situations and precipitous discharges.
- Attend and/or coordinate court appearances when required.
- Attend weekly individual and team/group supervision.
- Facilitate case planning on each client/family.
- Work cooperatively with client’s case manager/therapist, education and residential staff, and outside service providers to coordinate clinical services and resolve issues.
- Assist in implementing effective intervention strategies to de-escalate behavior.
- Maintain updated assessments and progress notes, and record updates in the NYS OCFS CONNECTIONS electronic case management system and in the SAI Electronic Health Record as required by contract or regulation.
- Attend and/or facilitate quarterly treatment meetings and Service Plan Reviews (SPRs). Present clinical treatment summaries on each client/family.
- Attend all clinical department staff meetings and supervisory meetings, as required
- Assist with discharge planning in conjunction with coordinating/providing after care services (care management, day services, independent living, and counseling services).
- Assist with development and implementation of comprehensive aftercare program as per guidance provided by NYS OCFS and Families First Prevention Act.
- Keep abreast of current trends in clinical treatment, trauma-informed care and evidence-based models through reading, in-service training and conferences. Attend all mandatory in-services and outside workshops as required by the agency.
Qualifications: LMSW/LCSW preferred OR MSW required with the expectation to obtain licensure 1 year after date of hire.
St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: https://i5w.ca3.myftpupload.com/employment/ or email your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans,
female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.