Varies (rotating schedule includes weekends)
St. Anne Institute: SAI is a private, not for profit, secular residential & community-based preventive service agency committed to providing the highest level of care & rehabilitation services in the briefest time to children & families throughout NY.
Description of Duties:
St. Anne Institute is currently seeking Lifeguards to maintain constant supervision of students in the pool area; ensuring the safety of students by preventing and responding to emergencies.
· Maintain NYS Department of Health records and ensure NYS Department of Health requirements are met.
· Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services. Administer emergency First Aid and CPR, as necessary.
· Present professional appearance and attitude at all times and relate to a wide variety of students.
· Perform various duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe environment. Keep deck free of obstructions.
· Communicate safety concerns with Program Administrators, managers, or supervisors.
· Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard certification, or equivalent; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for rescue required; First Aid certification required.
· CPR Instructor certification preferred; Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
· Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
St. Anne’s Institute offers EAP (Employee Assistance Program), and 403(b) retirement plan to per diem employees.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.