Full Time- 40 hours per week, Evenings & Overnight (includes weekends)
St. Anne Institute is a private, not for profit, secular residential & community-based preventive service agency committed to providing the highest level of care & rehabilitation services in the briefest time to children & families throughout NY.
Description of Duties:
Support and Coordination
- Ensure implementation of agency policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Program Administrators & Managers to ensure the safety of clients & staff.
- Provide assistance, support, consultation, & on the floor training to staff using Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), Individual Crisis Management Plans and/or Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Structure & facilitate emergency evacuations/ situations (i.e. fire drills, power outages).
- Coordinate staff assignments for transportation & additional supervision needs across the agency.
- Oversee crisis situations and direct staff in crisis situations to ensure safety.
- Debrief critical incidents.
- Answer or re-direct phone calls to appropriate staff.
- Assist outside visitors when they come to the On-Call/QI area and direct them to appropriate areas. This includes but is not limited to the police, mobile crisis, and fire department.
- Conduct frequent agency checks to ensure agency security.
Documentation of Significant Incidents for the Incident Review Committee
- Maintain an accurate & current: daily agency log; daily census; daily record of annex/alternate areas of time away use; daily record of residents off-campus (outings, visits, worksites, using unsupervised time); intervention log; daily staff list; assigned crisis teams.
- Complete Critical Incident Reports and Significant Incident Reports according to agency protocol and New York State Justice Center regulations.
- Complete internal reports for Incident Review Committee including but not limited to: Critical Incident Reports; Significant Incident Reports, log entries; staff statements; staff debriefing.
- Assist agency staff in reporting incidents to the New York State Justice Center.
- Maintain Certification as a Trainer for TCI through Cornell University as scheduled.
- Assist in training staff in TCI techniques, initially and as scheduled for review.
- Demonstrate effective skills, direction, & coaching to agency staff regarding crisis prevention, crisis management, problem solving, & effective supervision to ensure safety & a trauma-sensitive, therapeutic milieu. This will require On-Call/QI staff to be mobile.
- Conduct formal classroom training.
- Provide a supportive and consistent working relationship with agency staff ( i.e., provides feedback, support, has awareness of other workers skill levels and is sensitive to their needs).
Minimum 6 months direct care experience, preferably in a residential treatment setting; proficiency in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong computer skills.
Must be able to meet written, physical and life space interview testing standards as outlined in the crisis intervention curriculum.
St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.