Full Time 30 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: The SAI Education Program is a year-round Regents Accredited Certified Special Education Junior and Senior High School for students 12-21 years old in grades 7-12 and is available to both residential and day students.
Description of Duties:
St. Anne Institute is currently seeking full- time Teacher Assistants to assist teachers in assigned instructional area and in the management of individual and small group activities.
Ensure a safe, secure and trauma-sensitive classroom environment for all students.
· Work with the assigned teacher in accordance with general classroom guidelines.
· Teach assigned subjects in the prescribed manner under the supervision of a certified teacher, using the New York State syllabus and appropriate curriculum program as a guide.
· Utilize instructional strategies that meet the differentiated learning styles of students.
· Help each student reach her individual level of potential by using both proven and new teaching techniques.
· Meet with the assigned teacher to determine both long term plans and plans for the upcoming day and week.
· Submit academic, behavioral, attendance and other reports along with recommendations.
· Monitor instructional, laboratory, academic testing and school activities under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
· Assist in the supervision of field trips.
· Monitor the students at breakfast, lunch, after school or after training, as requested.
· Participate in the development of each student’s individualized education program.
BA/BS preferred; minimum NYSED Teacher Assistant Certification. Experience working with At-Risk Population preferred.
Benefits: St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
To Apply: Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application or email your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans,
female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.