Full Time 40 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: Bishop Howard J. Hubbard Hall is an emergency shelter open 24/7/365 to any youth, male or female, ages 13-17 who is a runaway, homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or in an otherwise unsafe situation.
Description of Duties:
St. Anne Institute is currently seeking a full-time RHY/ Respite Case Manager to provide case management services to shelter clients, runaway homeless and street involved youth. This position will work with youth to find adequate, long-term housing and prevent the sexual abuse or exploitation of young people living on the streets or in unstable housing.
· Provide individual assessments on each youth and develop service plans; help them set goals and identify the necessary steps to reach those goals. (Housing, employment, etc.)
· Establish/strengthen linkages with schools, community businesses, community providers, parks, law enforcement, health providers, churches, schools and shelters.
· Complete the intake/admissions process for all potential shelter residents.
· Transport youth in the authorized SAI van to medical services or appointments
· Use Harm-Reduction, Positive Youth Development (PYD) and Trauma-Informed Care as the philosophical foundation of interventions and strategies.
· Attend community meetings and collaborate with service providers, schools, homelessness coalition or services focused on RHY.
· Assist with the development and sustaining of the Youth Advisory Board.
· Act as primary liaison contact and provide regular ongoing case coordination with community agencies, landlords, public assistance, children and youth agencies, families and probation departments.
•Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree in human services field preferred
•Experience in working with at-risk and or homeless youth
•Education or experience in cultural competency
•Familiarity with Albany County resources preferred
•Commitment to issues of diversity and inclusion, including race, class, gender, and sexual orientation and gender identity, and sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences
•Valid, clean NYS driver’s license
•Comfortable interacting with youth in informal/non-traditional settings
Benefits: St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans,
female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.