Teacher Assistant- Education
St. Anne Institute: The Education Program is a year-round Regents Accredited Certified Special Education Junior & Senior High School, grades 7-12, for students age 12-21 & is available to both residential & day students. The staff student ratio allows for individualized & small group instruction.
Full Time 30 hours/week
Description of Duties:
The Education Department is currently seeking full time Teacher Assistants to assist teachers in assigned instructional area & in the management of individual & small group activities.
- Ensure a safe, secure and trauma-sensitive classroom environment for all students.
- Teach assigned subjects in the prescribed manner under the supervision of a certified teacher, using the New York State syllabus and appropriate curriculum program as a guide.
- Utilize instructional strategies that meet the differentiated learning styles of students.
- Help each student reach her individual level of potential by using both proven and new teaching techniques, demonstrate an understanding of the need for establishing therapeutic relationships with students.
- Submit academic, behavioral, attendance reports and recommendations as required.
- Monitor instructional, laboratory, academic testing and school activities under the supervision of the classroom teacher. Assist in the supervision of field trips.
- Monitor the students at breakfast, lunch, after school or after training, as requested.
- Keep abreast of educational trends and changes, and work toward professional self-improvement and growth.
- BA/BS preferred; minimum NYSED Teacher Assistant Certification.
- Experience working with At-Risk Population preferred.
St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: email@example.com
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.