Full Time 40 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: The Runaway and Homeless Shelter at St. Anne’s is an emergency shelter open 24/7/365 to any youth, male or female, ages 13-17 who is a runaway, homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or in an otherwise unsafe situation.
Description of Duties:
SAI is currently seeking a full-time Shelter Counselor/ RHY Outreach to create a safe and secure environment, helping residents gain self-control and develop positive social skills.
- Implement agency practices including policies, procedures, shelter routine and expectations, as directed by the Shelter Program Administrator.
- Ensure a clean, safe, therapeutic and healthy environment within the shelter program.
- Complete the intake/admissions process for all potential shelter residents.
- Provide supervision of shelter residents, ensuring opportunities to teach and role model, during all aspects of agency programming.
- Facilitate group meetings and activities, both on and off campus, including outings.
- Transport youth in the authorized St. Anne Institute van to medical services or appointments to increase their sense of health, well-being and safety.
- Foster appropriate adult/child relationships; maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Use Harm-Reduction, Positive Youth Development (PYD) and Trauma-Informed care as the philosophical foundation of interventions and strategies.
- Attend community meetings with service providers, schools, homelessness coalitions or wherever the interests of RHY can be discussed.
- Maintain relationships with law enforcement, health providers, churches, schools, shelters, or any other group that may provide services or referrals.
BA or BS in field of Human Services preferred; two years in related area required. Experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
Benefits: St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans,female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.