Tutor- Shelter/ Runaway Homeless Youth
Per Diem / As Needed
St. Anne Institute:
Bishop Howard J. Hubbard Hall is an emergency shelter open 24/7/365 to any youth, male or female, ages 13-17 who is a runaway, homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or in an otherwise unsafe situation.
Description of Duties:
The Shelter/ Runaway Homeless Youth Program is hiring a per diem, up to 5 hours per week, Tutor to supplement the instruction the students receive in class and to guide them toward study practices and supports to help them excel.
- Ask students about topics/ subject areas that are giving them trouble or that warrant further exploration
- Review recent homework assignments and test scores and work through problems or questions that the student did not answer correctly
- Employ proven study aides to prepare for upcoming tests and quizzes
- Help students develop study skills and organization techniques to improve their academic performance
- Take notes during the tutoring sessions and follow up with the student
- Communicate with parents/ guardians, teachers and staff about trouble areas or any other area that needs attention
BA/BS required, experience working with at risk youth
St. Anne’s Institute offers EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and 403(b) retirement plan for per diem/ as needed employees.
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans,
female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.