Shelter Program Counselor- Runaway Homeless Youth Program
Full Time 40 hours/ week (includes evenings & weekends)
St. Anne Institute:
Bishop Hubbard Hall is an emergency shelter open 24/7/365 to any youth, male or female, ages 13-17 who is a runaway, homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or in an otherwise unsafe situation.
Description of Duties:
The Shelter Program is currently seeking a Full Time Counselor to create a safe and secure environment, help residents gain self- control and develop positive social skills.
- Complete the intake/admissions process for all potential shelter residents.
- Provide supervision of shelter residents, ensuring opportunities to teach and role model, during all aspects of agency programming.
- Facilitate group meetings and activities, both on and off campus, including outings.
- Transport youth in the authorized St. Anne Institute van to medical services or appointments to increase their sense of health, well-being and safety.
- Foster appropriate adult/child relationships; maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Attend training in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and all other required trainings.
- Maintain relationships with law enforcement, health providers, churches, schools, shelters, or any other group that may provide services or referrals.
BA or BS in field of Human Services preferred; two years in related area required, experience may be substituted for degree requirements. Valid NYS driver’s license required.
St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans,
female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.