Principal- Education Department
Full Time 35 hours/week
St. Anne Institute:
St. Anne Institute’s Education Program is a year-round Regents Accredited Certified Special Education Junior & Senior High School for students 12-21 years old in grades 7-12 & is available to both residential & day students. The staff student ratio allows for individualized & small group instruction.
Description of Duties:
St. Anne Institute is currently seeking a Principal for the Education Department to lead it through a new era of teaching & learning. The Principal will oversee curriculum; be involved in professional development & training; foster & sustain a collaborative approach to meeting the needs of students with behavioral and emotional needs. The challenges of this work call for a unique & special skill set, including the capacity to establish a connection with children who have had immensely difficult and deprived childhoods as well as a lack of success in school.
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
· Working knowledge of Commissioner’s Regulations Part 100 & Part 200
· Strong background teaching students with intensive management needs; complex behavioral & academic needs
· Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS), Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) & Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS) experience preferred
· Strong problem solving & team building skills
· NYSED Certification as a teacher (special education preferred) and building leader
· Proven leadership &/or unequivocal recommendations regarding leadership capacity fitting this description
St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal & paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: email@example.com
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.