Full Time 40 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: St. Anne Institute is a private, not for profit, secular residential & community-based preventive service agency committed to providing the highest level of care & rehabilitation services in the briefest time to children & families throughout NY.
Description of Duties:
SAI is currently seeking a full-time Skilled Maintenance Worker to complete routine and skilled maintenance work.
· Maintain mechanical doors and locking systems.
· Perform light electrical work including replacing outlets, light fixtures and light bulbs.
· Install & repair plumbing fittings & fixtures including sinks & commodes. Ensure proper functioning of water supply and drainage systems. Open clogged drains when necessary.
· Complete carpentry repairs of wooden furniture and fixtures.
· Build wall partitions including taping and sanding.
· Install cabinets and counters, drop ceilings, rough-in light fixtures and electrical wall boxes.
· Paint furniture and fixtures, and interior/exterior facility walls.
· Help train department employees in general maintenance procedures.
· Perform daily health & safety checks across the agency, including the swimming pool.
· Complete seasonal yard maintenance, snow removal, painting, and general repairs.
· Complete any errands as needed. Assist maintenance personnel as required.
· Keep tools and equipment in working condition & secured in proper locations; recommend replacement of equipment when repair is no longer practical.
· Request maintenance supplies to maintain maximum efficiency
· Cover Maintenance Beeper Schedule. Adhere to Snow Coverage Schedule. Respond to other emergency situations across agency programs.
· Perform work on all work requests & complete written inspection reports.
· Move furniture & set up rooms as requested. Clean specially assigned areas, collect trash, adhere to agency recycling procedures and keep work areas cleaned and organized.
· Follow all agency and governmental Health and Safety Regulations. Report all hazards & emergencies to Director of Facilities.
High School or equivalency diploma required. 5 years of experience in all facets of General Maintenance and ground maintenance required.
Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job, have the ability to climb stairs & ladders, lift and carry 75 lbs. occasionally, and work inside or outside in all types of weather.
Benefits: St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: email@example.com
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.