Teacher- Early Childhood Education
Full Time 35 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: The St. Anne Institute Early Childhood Education program is an integrated early treatment, education & intervention program designed to prepare 3 & 4 year olds for kindergarten. The program is comprised of a Special Education Preschool, an Expanded Pre-Kindergarten, and a Daycare Program.
Description of Duties:
St. Anne Institute is currently seeking a full-time Early Childhood Education Teacher to maintain a positive learning environment; ensure coverage & consistency in the classroom.
· Ensure program delivery adheres to all regulations, laws & standards set forth by the NY State Education Department (NYSED) and the NY State Office of Children and Family (NYSOCFS) and the City School District of Albany Early Childhood Education Program
· Follow all expectations set forth by the CSDA ECE particularly those regarding classroom management and set-up, screening, progress monitoring, and learning outcomes
· Plan creative and age-appropriate curriculum, furnish & implement weekly plan sheets
· Maintain a clean and organized classroom with adherence to all OCFS regulations
· Provide classroom management techniques based on the PBIS and Pyramid models
· Maintain up-to-date paperwork including meal accounting, anecdotes, behavior tracking
· Maintain daily contact with parents and hold a yearly meeting on-site
· Plan and initiate curriculum in accordance with the NYSED Common Core requirements
· Teach in the prescribed manner, using the NYS syllabus & appropriate curriculum materials
· Use instructional strategies that meet the differentiated learning styles of students and employ innovative strategies to meet the state mandates
· Keep abreast of developments in the field of education, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
· Call Child Protective Services when necessary & according to mandated reporter regs
BA, BS in ECE required, Master’s degree preferred; 5 years’ experience in ECE; Valid driver’s license; Strong written & verbal communication skills; Competency in Google Classroom & basic computer knowledge; Experience working with 3-5 year olds
St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: email@example.com
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.