Part Time, per contract
St. Anne Institute: St. Anne Institute is a private, not for profit, secular residential & community-based preventive service agency committed to providing the highest level of care & rehabilitation services in the briefest time to children & families throughout NY.
Description of Duties:
SAI is currently seeking a part-time Psychiatrist Consultant to provide supervision to the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner & provide recommendations for psychopharmacology treatment.
- Provide psychiatric assessments of children/youth either prior to receiving treatment services or during the initial weeks of service provision.
- Conduct monthly medication reviews of all children/youth on psychotropic medications.
- Maintain communication with the consultant physician and medical clinic staff including RNs, LPNs and the Administrative Assistant.
- Work cooperatively with treatment teams including case managers, therapists, program managers and administrators.
- Provide clinical support to the Interim Director of Residential Clinical Services, Interim Director of Outpatient Clinical Services, and other clinical and agency staff as needed.
- Provide information to staff on medications and changes in the field of medication management and mental health treatment.
- Provide crisis intervention services &/or crisis consultation to the treatment team & On-Call/Quality Improvement staff when needed.
- Assist with the development of individual service plans based on assessment data, and provide therapeutic interventions as necessary including but not limited to the provision of ongoing medication management services.
- Provide consultation and education to agency staff, caregivers and clients as it relates to the treatment and medication needs of the clients.
- Participate in discharge planning with the treatment team.
- Maintain documentation of services including service plan, update progress notes, medication informed consent, quarterly treatment plan reviews, and other required information in compliance with agency and third party compliance standards.
- Assist in the placement of clients/youth into psychiatric hospitals when needed.
- Keep abreast of changes in the field of psychiatry including updates on psychotropic meds.
M.D., 2 years’ experience with adolescents experiencing significant mental health challenges
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: email@example.com
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.