Evening Reporting Center Senior Counselor
Full Time 30 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: The SAI Evening Reporting Center (ERC) is a comprehensive community-based, after-school intervention/alternative to detention program designed to serve adolescent females, ages 12-16 from 4-8 p.m. Monday- Friday. The program offers: Tutoring & Homework Assistance, Family Involvement & Activities, Recreational Programming, Case Management, Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions, Snacks & Meals, and Life Skills Training.
Description of Duties:
SAI is currently seeking a full-time ERC Senior Counselor Ensure proper engaged supervision of participants at all times. Supervise and work with staff to ensure safety, positive group process, and daily program functions.
· Ensure the provision of high-quality, responsive &trauma-sensitive care to youth participants. Ensure safety of youth in the program at all times
· Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals
· Coordinate programming & develop working groups related to the functioning of ERC program.
· Provide educational and recreational activities for the program participants
· Design and coordinate field trips and special events for youth
· Maintain contact with youth’s parent(s)/legal guardian, as required
· Transport youth home, to Parents Nights, and to other areas for programming
· Collect accurate, timely data as required by SAI, the Juvenile Family and Reporting Center as well as the Albany County Department of Children Youth and Families and probation
· Communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, supervisors and other department staff, social service agencies, probation department(s) and the public, ensuring sensitivity to professional ethics, gender, racial and cultural diversities, and disabilities
Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent work experience (3+ years) with social justice organizations or in a social service/public health/youth services field may be substituted. Experience in working with at-risk youth and ability to encourage positive behaviors. Familiarity with Albany County resources preferred. Valid driver’s license.
Benefits: St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.