Counselor- Quality Improvement
Full Time 40 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: St. Anne Institute is a private, not for profit, secular residential & community-based preventive service agency committed to providing the highest level of care & rehabilitation services in the briefest time to children & families throughout NY.
Description of Duties:
St. Anne Institute is currently seeking a Quality Improvement Counselor to provide support across agency programs & create a safe, secure & trauma-sensitive environment for all clients.
· Implement agency practices including policies, procedures, routine and expectations, as directed by Program Administrator and/or On-Call/Quality Improvement staff.
· Provide vigilant supervision of residents, providing for opportunities to teach residents to make positive choices.
· Support agency programs & assist with morning routine as assigned.
· Escort residents to school and assist with managing the school environment; including providing supervision and support to students & assisting with class transitions.
· Accompany residents on medical appointments, transport and supervise at court, and transport to and from family visits.
· Greet new intakes, inventory their belongings, assuring a check in by the nurse. Complete new intake packet and update paperwork that includes the new intake’s information.
· Supervise lunch for at least one period per day.
· Attend training in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and use the techniques to prevent and intervene in crisis situations, which may include physical intervention when needed.
· Engage residents in Life Space Interviews (from TCI training) to help them grow and make effective, positive choices.
· Attend and contribute to all scheduled meetings including monthly staff meetings, supervision meetings, in-service meetings, and mandatory trainings.
BA or BS in field of Human Services preferred; AAS or two years in related area required. Experience may be substituted for education.
Benefits: St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal & paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.