1:1 Aide- Early Childhood Education
Full Time 30-35 hours/week
St. Anne Institute: The St. Anne Institute Early Childhood Education program is an integrated early treatment, education and intervention program designed to prepare 3- and 4- year olds for kindergarten.
Description of Duties:
St. Anne Institute is currently seeking a full-time 1:1 Aide for the Early Childhood Education Department to act as the primary support to an individual student.
· Review all reports on the student, including but not limited to the IEP, FBA, any medical report(s) and/or therapists’ evaluations
· Maintain vigilant supervision and interaction with the student at all times, remaining at student’s eye level
· Discuss any notes from home with the teachers
· Assist with daily communication with parents in cooperation with the teachers
· Document daily information on the student on the behavior tracking sheets
· Help the student work through problems with other peers or with challenging tasks
· Work with the teacher on positive behavior management techniques
· Use a calm voice when speaking to the student & thoroughly explain his/her expectations
· Help students find ways to follow through with directives
· Attend all training sessions deemed necessary by the Program Administrator/ supervising teacher, the Albany City School District, New York State Education Department or Office of Children and Family Services
Minimum high school diploma and experience working with 3-5 year olds.
St. Anne’s Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application
Click here to download our application form to print and fill out. Please submit application and Resume to:
E-Mail to: email@example.com
(Please be sure to include the Job Title on the subject line of the email).
St. Anne Institute
160 N. Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
St. Anne Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, female, minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity.